Image Source: Unsplash
Charlottesville, a picturesque city in Virginia, is renowned for its captivating landscapes, unique venues, and delightful vineyards. The city’s charm and natural beauty make it a prime location for couples seeking a memorable and romantic wedding location. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore some of the best Wedding Venues Charlottesville has to offer, from rustic barns nestled in vineyards to elegant hotels in the heart of the city.
Table of Contents
- Best Outdoor Wedding Venues
- Urban Wedding Venues in Charlottesville
- Venues for Nature-loving Couples
- Vineyard Wedding Venues in Virginia
- Resorts, Inns, and Hotels
- Venues with Historic Charm
- Farms and Barn Venues
- Venues with Scenic Mountain Views
- Venues for Micro-weddings
Best Outdoor Wedding Venues in Charlottesville
Outdoor weddings offer a unique blend of natural beauty and romantic ambiance. Charlottesville offers a plethora of open-air venues that cater to different tastes and preferences.
- Montfair Resort Farm: This rustic yet charming venue offers breathtaking mountain views and indoor, outdoor, and tented spaces for your reception.
- Pippin Hill: Recognized as a top-tier wedding venue, Pippin Hill is a culinary vineyard known for its stunning vistas, mouth-watering cuisine, and award-winning wines.
- Market at Grelen: This venue offers versatility with four outdoor ceremony options and a magical night-time setting under the Orchard Overlook tent.
- Castle Hill Cider: This spacious venue offers a warm indoor setting and beautiful outdoor locations, including the Orchard and Linden Grove.
- Early Mountain Vineyards: This venue offers a beautiful garden for outdoor ceremonies and a stunning reception hall with high ceilings and grand fireplaces.
- Mount Ida – The Event Barn: A versatile venue with a lakeside gazebo and temperature-controlled barn for celebrations.
- The Clifton: A historic yet modern venue that offers accommodations, a ceremony site, and a tented reception all in one place.
- Keswick Hall: An elegant venue offering a blend of grandeur and natural beauty.
- Showalter’s Orchard & Greenhouse: Enjoy a stunning view of the mountains from the greenhouse and fresh, hot apple cider donuts at your reception.
Urban Wedding Venues in Charlottesville
For those who prefer the city’s hustle and bustle, Charlottesville offers urban venues that combine modern amenities with a vibrant atmosphere.
- The Wool Factory: A unique venue that blends industrial design with a warm, inviting atmosphere.
- The Jefferson Theater: A historic venue with a unique charm and character.
- Common House Charlottesville: This venue offers a modern, colorful design perfect for a chic urban wedding.
- Gallison Hall: One of Virginia’s grandest Georgian estates, Gallison Hall is perfect for an elegant city wedding.
- The Local Restaurant and Catering: Known for their locally sourced products, The Local offers a truly Charlottesville experience.
- The Space Downtown: This venue offers a premier location in downtown Charlottesville, making it ideal for any urban wedding.
Venues for Nature-loving Couples
Charlottesville offers an abundance of venues for couples who have a deep appreciation for nature and outdoor activities.
- Eastwood Farm and Winery: This venue offers a beautiful event space and family-owned farm and winery along Carters Mountain range.
- James Monroe’s Highland: A beautiful venue with picturesque, rural settings for nature-loving couples.
- Camp Holiday Trails: This unique venue is designed as a nonprofit camp for children with medical needs, situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Roslyn Farm: A barn and farm wedding venue that offers a unique, rustic setting for nature-loving couples.
Vineyard Wedding Venues in Virginia
For wine lovers, there’s nothing more romantic than tying the knot in a vineyard. Here are some of the best vineyard venues in Virginia.
- The Greencroft Club: A charming country estate nestled at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains, offering fantastic wedding memories.
- The Wool Factory: Originally a 19th-century textile mill, now an open, airy event space with a preserved industrial design.
- James Monroe’s Highland: A wedding venue offering picturesque, rural settings for soon-to-be-weds.
- Eastwood Farm and Winery: A beautiful event space and family-owned farm and winery located in Charlottesville.
- Mount Ida Farm: This rustic wedding venue offers views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and includes a vineyard, manor houses, and charming cottages.
- Gallison Hall: One of Virginia’s grandest Georgian estates, Gallison Hall offers beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Resorts, Inns, and Hotels
For those who prefer a luxurious setting or need accommodation for their guests, Charlottesville offers a range of resorts, inns, and hotels.
- Kimpton The Forum Hotel: A newly opened luxury hotel offering breathtaking views and one-of-a-kind experiences.
- Oakhurst Hall: A boutique hotel wedding venue located in the heart of historic Charlottesville, adjacent to the University of Virginia.
- The Jefferson Theater: A unique wedding venue located in the historic Downtown Mall in Charlottesville.
- Omni Charlottesville Hotel: An expansive wedding venue that offers luxury accommodations and exceptional services.
- Foxfield Inn: A hotel wedding venue surrounded by rolling fields, mountain ranges, and lush forests.
- Inn at Darden: An elegant venue offering 5,900 square feet of flexible banquet space accommodating up to 300 guests.
- Graduate Charlottesville: A ballroom-esque wedding venue that specializes in creating memory-making get-togethers.
- Holiday Inn Charlottesville-Univ Area: Offering full-service catering services for all occasions, this venue is one of Charlottesville’s favorites.
- Boar’s Head Resort: A sizable wedding venue that has been a part of the wedding industry for the last 50 years.
Venues with Historic Charm
Charlottesville is rich in history, and several venues offer a glimpse into the past. If a venue with a story to tell appeals to you, consider these.
- The Wool Factory: Originally a 19th-century textile mill, it’s now an open, airy event space with a preserved industrial design.
- James Monroe’s Highland: Once home to the fifth president of the United States, this venue offers a rich history and picturesque, rural setting.
- The Clifton: This premier boutique hotel and wedding venue was built in the late eighteenth century at the behest of Thomas Mann.
- Old Metropolitan Hall: A vintage wedding venue that specializes in elegant wedding ceremonies and receptions.
Farms and Barn Venues
If you’re dreaming of a rustic wedding with a countryside charm, consider these farm and barn venues.
- Mount Ida Farm: This rustic wedding venue offers a vineyard, manor houses, and charming cottages.
- Camp Holiday Trails: A wedding venue designed as a nonprofit camp for children, offering a unique and rustic setting.